What is Heat Stroke?
When your body temperature rises rapidly and overheats as a result of prolonged exposure to or physical exertion in high temperatures causing your body temperature to rise to 40°C or higher and the body fails to cool down.
1. Who are at greater risk of heat stroke?
Some people may be at a higher risk due to:
2. What are the symptoms and signs of heat stroke?
3. What to do in heat stroke?
- Call 999 or your local emergency service ASAP for assistance
- While waiting, move the person to shade/ indoors (preferably with ventilation/ fan/ air conditioner)
- Remove excess clothing
4. How to prevent heat stroke?
Sources: Health websites, WHO and CDC